Are you a new reader? My harrowing tale is told in chronological order, so you should start from the beginning. Just click here!
X

Did you know? Some posts have additional content hidden away on sticky notes. To view sticky notes, just click on links in the post. (Try it! Click on "TPS reports" link below!) Just hit the X button to make them go away again. (But not too hard, otherwise you might end up regretting it.)
X

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Torched Wood

Khristoffer's news was scary. Scarier, even, than working in an office full of zombies.

We're five people overstaffed.

At least, that's what he heard through the grapevine. It wasn't supposed to be something he heard, of course, but one thing is always certain: people will yak. Well, that's the only certain thing other than death and taxes.
With this whole zombie thing, we can't be too certain that death is still on that table, can we?

Given the work ethic of the zombies, obscene as it is, there's no way they're getting canned. That means five of the unturned are going to lose their jobs.
Why can't we all take a hint from the Kapauku, who believe that working two consecutive days is bad luck?

Fuck.

And the dumb thing--dumb, in this case, meaning ironic--is that those who would be most likely to get let go pre-zombification are precisely the kinds of dumbasses that get themselves bit. These idiots, by some miracle of nature, have become the perfect employees.

I'm a little worked up about this whole thing, if you couldn't tell.

Now, I'm overqualified for this position, so that isn't really the worry. I highly doubt that I'm on the chopping block. But there are two remaining issues. 1) Whoever does get the boot actually needs the paycheck, unlike the zombie who will be keeping their job, and 2) every unturned that leaves increases the zombie to human ratio, thus making it that much more dangerous for those that remain.

This sucks.

I'm sorry. I'm not being very articulate. And I should be used to it with this place. People don't stick around long. Of course, that fact doesn't make it any less stressful.

How about something cheery? Do we want something cheery?

How about this past week's Torchwood episode? Big improvement over the first one, right? Still leaning a little American, but this season could turn out alright after all.

Screw it. I can't do the happy thing right now. Sorry guys (and ghouls). I'm going to get through this day, and then go drown myself in some scotch and Doctor Who. But mostly Doctor Who.
And maybe a couple of satsumas.

Later.

~M


0 comments:

Post a Comment

X

Get some zombilicious updates

Subscribe for updates and follow my attempt at survival in a zombified workplace. To be true, if there wasn't a whole anonymous internet to talk to about my zombie issues, I'd probably have taken the bite already. Thanks, internet. I appreciate it.

Yours truly,

~M





Google Feedburner Privacy Policy