Are you a new reader? My harrowing tale is told in chronological order, so you should start from the beginning. Just click here!
X

Did you know? Some posts have additional content hidden away on sticky notes. To view sticky notes, just click on links in the post. (Try it! Click on "TPS reports" link below!) Just hit the X button to make them go away again. (But not too hard, otherwise you might end up regretting it.)
X

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Grumbling in My Tummy

It was bound to happen eventually. Eventually just happened to be today.

Just as I'm about to take a bite out of my big, juicy, Arby's roast beef sandwich, Joey comes running into the office all excited-like. This naturally upset Bob, who, at this point in the story, proceeded to bite a chunk out of Joey's neck. (Note to self: siphon some Magic money into a thesaurus fund. I'm getting really sick of this whole "naturally" thing.)

Turns out Joey had been hired at some media firm that actually paid a decent wage, unlike this place. Sounds like they got real desks there too. So much for all of that now.

It changes you when you see one grown man take a bite out of another grown man. Needless to say, I'm going to be eating a lot of tempeh from here on out. Or maybe fish. I'm not a big fan of fish, but at this point I'm basically down to anything that doesn't remind me of human flesh. Gross.

Todd started keeping a database of confirmed infected. I think it's just out of boredom, as I don't see how keeping a computer full of names is going to make one any less bite-able. We'll see though. I've got my money on Todd being one of the ones that makes it through to The Awakening. No, that isn't a euphemism for suicide by drowning. It's how we've started referring to the day that we'll be able to come out into the open about the situation we're in.

I mean, realistically, any of us could just walk out of here if at any point we felt it was too dangerous. The job market is shit though, and rent doesn't pay itself. (Honestly, Mike Rowe can suck it. This job sucks.)

Bob missed the jugular when he bit Joey, so we won't be able to test our reanimation theories. Todd believes that the disease will reanimate corpses, just like in all of his favorite zombie movies. I think that's wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Romero fan, but I just don't see it happening. I think the changes are largely behavioral, and that if a person suffered a fatal injury during a zombie attack, they would just die. That would explain why these particular zombies, unlike the ones in the movies, aren't overly aggressive. The virus needs to keep its potential hosts alive. That's my theory anyway.

I gave my roast beef sandwich to Joey. Seemed like the poor bastard could use it. As for myself, I went across the street to Cafe Yumm and got a Yumm wrap with tempeh, and even that turned out to be almost too meat-like to stomach.

I'm really going to need to see a shrink when all is said and done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

X

Get some zombilicious updates

Subscribe for updates and follow my attempt at survival in a zombified workplace. To be true, if there wasn't a whole anonymous internet to talk to about my zombie issues, I'd probably have taken the bite already. Thanks, internet. I appreciate it.

Yours truly,

~M





Google Feedburner Privacy Policy